Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday Cover: JLA

When this issue of Justice League of America was released back in '73, I had no idea who most of the characters on the cover were. I was seven years old, and while I pretty much knew most of the members of the Justice League, I didn't know anything about their predecessors in the Justice Society, and sure as hell didn't know any of the Quality Comics characters that appeared here as the "Freedom Fighters."

What I did know was that it was a lot of cool heroes in a story that spanned three different alternate Earths, all expertly rendered by Dick Dillin. I also know that this is the book that made me a DC Comics fan, and despite my disdain for much of what's been done to many of these characters lately, I'll always love the DC superheroes best.

No comments: