October, at last. Random thoughts:
• Foot pain back, and it appears to be my old friend, gout. Laid up again. Yay.
• Numbers on yesterday's Gravedigger
comic update were unusually low. Disappointing - and, given my state of mind today, discouraging. Need to find new (free) ways to drum up traffic. Facebook & Twitter and this blog aren't doing the job.
• Was hoping to get back to regular/semi-regular posting at DVD Late Show
and Space: 1970
this month - depends on whether I can get the comics work on my plate and design gig that's supposed to show up soon out of the way.
It doesn't help that new Maine state tax laws going into effect today have shut down the only income I earned from those blogs, via the Amazon affiliate program. It wasn't much, but it was an additional incentive to keep putting in the work those sites require.
• News is just too depressing today. Will try to avoid it.
• Been watching a lot more current TV than usual lately. For the record, I thought the last four episodes of Breaking Bad
were terrific, I liked the Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
pilot and think a lot of people were way too critical of it, and thought the pilot of Sleepy Hollow
was goofy fun. Plan to follow S.H.I.E.L.D.
for a few weeks, at least.
• As far as October movies, I'm really looking forward to Machete Kills!
despite the presence of Mel Gibson. Interested in Gravity
, as well, despite presence of Sandra Bullock.
• I could really use a bowl of Count Chocula... hope I can make it to Target soon to stock up.