Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Wednesday, April 09, 2008

James Bond Jr.



As it came up a couple of times in the comments section of one of last month's Bond posts, I thought I'd share the opening titles of the early 90's James Bond Jr. cartoon, complete with catchy theme song... and Hip Hop Oddjob. Enjoy.

ADDENDUM FOR CHARLES: The cartoon was very loosely inspired by the 1967 children's novel 003 1/2: The Adventures of James Bond Junior by "R.D. Mascott." Here's the Wikipedia entry on that rare book.

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

This reminds me of a book I read many years ago and would love to get a copy for. It was called 003 and a half, but I can't remember the author. and I've never been able to turn up information on this book. You wouldn't know about it would you?

Christopher Mills said...

Yeah, though I've never read it or found a copy myself. It was 003½: The Adventures of James Bond Junior written under the pseudonym R. D. Mascott, and was a loose inspiration for the TV cartoon.

There's some info about it available at the Wikipedia link in the post.

Charles Gramlich said...

Wow, thanks for the information. I have done quite a few searches for the book online but never found the wikipedia site. I'd love to have a copy of it. I got it originally from our small town library.