Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Brandon


Was thinking about the great Brandon Lee this evening. Still saddened and haunted by the knowledge that he passed away so young. Hard to believe he died almost twenty years ago now (March, '93). Man, I feel old.

He was terrific in The Crow - and clearly had the charisma and talent to be a mainstream star. But he also made a couple of highly-enjoyable B-action flicks. In fact, Rapid Fire and Showdown In Little Tokyo (with Dolph Lundgren) are among the best of the early 90s. I'd like to think he would have made a lot more, had he lived.

2 comments:

jason said...

I loved Rapid Fire! Hard to believe it's been nearly 20 years since Brandon's death. I probably haven't seen RF in about as long. Thanks for reminding me about it!

Jack Badelaire said...

I watched Showdown about a year ago. It's a "bad" movie, but so over the top that you don't care. Some really incredible one-liners and great chemistry between Dolph and Brandon.