Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

Captain America and I wish all my U.S. friends a very happy Fourth of July weekend, with lots of fireworks, food and freedom.

I know I haven't been posting much here over the last month or so, but I've been buried in writing and editing work. I'm putting the final touches on the Captain Midnight prose anthology – including writing my own 8,000 word short story – for Moonstone (we're shooting for a January/February '10 release), pulling together the Captain Midnight comic book one-shot (Richard Clark's art is looking great!), and trying to catch up and get ahead on Kolchak scripts.

I'm also attempting to stay on top of my DVD Late Show review column for Forces of Geek, which takes a lot of time, what with all the discs to watch. There should be a new column this Tuesday.

Then, beginning Wednesday, I'll be starting a big editing/design job. Somewhere in there, my wife and I plan on switching office spaces and setting up my new PC (bleah). Even with all that, I still hope to post here more often, too.

I have been posting a lot over on my Spy-Fi Channel blog (Of course, I posted a lot the first couple months of my Guns In the Gutters blog, too), however, so if you're at all interested in my geeky ramblings about espionage pulp and cheesy spy TV shows, you might want to check it out. Or not. Whatever.

Have a great holiday weekend, friends!

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

yep, I plan to kick back a bit today. I've been rolling on my book so I can afford to take a few hours off.

LEon said...

That's a good looking Captain America statue there.

Christopher Mills said...

It's not a statue....

Jay said...

Ha! No it's J.D. Salinger's kid, in the 1990s Captain America movie. I've always thought of his acting as 'wooden' but I suppose 'marble' is just as good. ;)