Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sneak Peek: Captain Midnight

Here's the initial "model sheet" of the new Moonstone comics version of Captain Midnight, drawn by my pal Richard Clark, an extremely talented comics artist, caricaturist, and magazine & book illustrator.

Rich and I go back a ways. I first became aware of his work when he did an art job for another editor during my tenure at Tekno*Comix/BIG Entertainment, back in the 90's. Later, when I was the Art Director of the Sun tabloid newspaper, I hired Rich to illustrate a number of stories and articles. We always got along well, and I've always admired and liked his work.

He'll be drawing my first Captain Midnight comic serial, "Assault on Midnight Mesa," for sure, and hopefully more. This will be our first full-bore collaboration, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be fun!

For more samples of Rich's amazing work, check out his website.

No comments: