Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Friday, June 25, 2010

I Should be Excited.... But....



Yeah, I mean it looks okay, and I like the premise. But are these what pass for movie tough guys these days? Now, I know, it's not the 80s anymore, and we're not all about muscles and badass quips. Schwarzenegger, Weathers, Ventura, Chaves... they're all so yesterday. And, yeah, I understand that we're supposed to want our action heroes to be leaner, meaner and have deeper personalities.

But Adrien Brody? Seriously?

(Okay - Danny Trejo, I can buy. Maybe Fishburne... but... sigh.)

I guess I'm just old-fashioned. I love the original Predator. I watched it again not long ago on Blu-Ray, and was again struck by what a perfect action film it is. And what a perfect cast it has.

This new trailer for the sequel, though, makes me all that much more eager to see... The Expendables.

4 comments:

Paul Bishop said...

I'm with you. The Expendables looks like a great '80s action film, none of this enlightened crap.

Chris said...

I'm looking forward to The Expendables as well. But I'm also looking forward to the new Predator, not so much as a remake but as a new movie with predators in it that hopefully aren't lame.

Craig Zablo said...

I'm hoping for PREDATORS to be good, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

I will say that if the PREDATORS trailer made you much more eager to see THE EXPENDABLES then it did its job. ; )

Anonymous said...

The script is out there online, as are clear closeup photos of all the Predators. I was not impressed, but it looks a lot better than AVP anyhow.