Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday Cover: SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN

Still haven't felt much like blogging lately. The new meds seem to be working a bit better, and despite some unrelated problems like an injured shoulder, I've been making a little headway on my "real" work. So, I'm not completely slacking off.

I've noticed that I've lost a few "followers" lately, no doubt because of my sparse posting. With luck, I'll be getting into some sort of groove soon, and will find myself inspired to write some entertaining stuff for this and all my other blogs. It's not like I don't have anything on my mind.

While you're patiently waiting for those pearls of wisdom, though, here's a new "Wednesday Cover!" It's been a while since I even posted one of these....

Writer Chuck Dixon recently sent me a handful of the Savage Sword of Conan issues that he wrote back in the late Eighties, including this one, #164, with its Earl Norem cover. Chuck was one of the better writers to handle the Cimmerian during the years after Roy Thomas' run, and knocked out a number of solid, testosterone-laden barbarian epics during his tenure on the title. Good stuff.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

It's getting harder to find back issues of Savage Sword. I'm glad DH is still putting out their B&W 'phonebook' reprints.

El Vox said...

Yep, the DH phone books are the way to go, what a bargain, but some of those original Savage Swords had some of the coolest covers.