Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Sunday, April 26, 2009

Femme Noir in May

Friday I was talking with my publisher on the phone, discussing various projects I'm working on for Ape Entertainment, and was told that the Femme Noir: Dark City Diaries trade paperback had been printed, and should be shipped to the distributor this week.

Now, it'll still be a few more weeks until it's actually in stores – and then, of course, only in those stores that actually bothered to order it – but it's printed, and should be on sale on time.

It took Joe and I almost a decade to get to this point, and I'm still not sure I'll believe it until my copies show up in the mail.

This means we should have copies in hand at the Maine Comics Arts Festival on May 17th, in Portland. Joe and I will both be there, signing copies and hopefully selling a few.

In other Femme news: starting Monday, May 4th, the original Femme Noir webcomics will begin appearing twice a week at the new ApeCMX website. These strips have been re-scanned, re-colored, re-lettered and will be presented about 30% larger than in their original incarnations. We'll be starting with the "An Eye For A Spy" storyline, which pits Port Nocturne's mystery woman against a ring of foreign agents.

Finally, as I posted a week or so ago, there will be a new Femme Noir story, "Demon Bat," in this year's Cartoonapalooza book from Ape Entertainment, which will be in better comic book shops on Free Comic Book Day, May 2nd.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who has supported this series over the last nine years, online, in comic books and now in paperback. Joe and I truly appreciate it... and we've got more Noir in the pipeline!

4 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

Congrats to you and Joe!

Charles Gramlich said...

More noir! Whooooe

Kevin Findley said...

Great news Chris! Hope you sign and sell every copy at the show in Maine!

El Vox said...

Good luck on the book and show, I hope you do well. So if they optioned a film, who would be the lead character?