Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Wednesday Cover: Batman R.I.P

So... I hear that Batman's dead again. Obviously, this isn't the first time he's kicked the bucket and I doubt it'll last. The first time I saw him die was within the pages of Batman #291, back in the mid-70's. Unfortunately the story wasn't quite as satisfying as this great Jim Aparo (him again!) cover – just look at how cool the Batman statue on the tombstone is posed! – it had the villians pictured above "on trial" by Ras Al Ghul to determine which would get the credit for capping the Caped Crusader.

I never did understand what the hell Luthor was doing there...

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I figured the penguin would have crapped on that statue, though.