Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Monday, February 19, 2007

Bob Oksner, R.I.P.

Sadly, here's another passing I feel I should make note of.

Mark Evanier is reporting that Golden and Silver Age comic book artist Bob Oksner has passed away at age 90. I don't really know much about Oksner and his work, except that he drew damned pretty girls, from Lois Lane and Wonder Woman to Black Canary and Mary Marvel, and I always enjoyed his work.

According to the Grand Comics Database, he drew that delightfully silly (and extremely well-drafted) Supergirl cover above – and isn't it a shame they don't do comics like that anymore?

1 comment:

Glen Davis said...

These are much more entertaining that the poster type covers made today.