Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Wednesday Cover: Kolchak

The third issue of Moonstone's Kolchak: The Night Stalker Files goes on sale today. This is my last issue, and it's by my own choice. Recurring health issues simply made it unfeasible for me to maintain a regular schedule. While the publishers were inhumanly patient, I finally decided that it wasn't fair to them or the readers, and regretfully chose to leave the book.

I am proud of what work I did on the title - and the Kolchak: Night Stalker Of The Living Dead miniseries (collected HERE) - and am grateful to Moonstone for the opportunity to write the character. I hope I did Jeff Rice's creation justice.

I know that Moonstone has plenty more Kolchak on the way by a variety of talented creators, and I expect to continue to do the occasional project with the company. I have agreed to write a short Captain Midnight novel for them, for example, and still hope to get some more Captain Midnight comics off the ground... eventually.

The atmospheric cover above was painted by Woodrow Hinton III.

3 comments:

Weird WWII said...

Your lucky to be part of Carl's and Jeff's legacy.

Great work,
Brian

Martin Powell said...

You wrote the best Kolchak stories in comics. No one else has come close. I'm very sorry you won't be continuing this series, but I'm very glad for what you've given us.

MP

Kevin Findley said...

So sorry to hear you are still having health problems Chris. While I'd love to see much more of your excellent take on my favorite reporter; get yourself healthy. Thank you for these issues; I look forward to more Captain Midnight.