Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday Covers: Frazetta's JONGOR

The Return Of Jongor
Jongor Fights Back
As I mentioned here not long ago, I recently purchased the three Popular Press paperback editions of  Robert Moore Williams' "Jongor" novels. I just finished the first book, and thought it was terrific jungle pulp, with an intriguing Tarzan knock-off. Jongor swings in Lost Land, a prehistoric jungle valley somewhere deep in the Australian Outback, where he rides dinosaurs and battles the monkeymen of the lost continent of Mu. Fun stuff.

Even better are the cover illustrations by the legendary Frank Frazetta. Here are two of the three - sans obscuring cover type (I couldn't find a "clean" copy of the first cover). I love these paintings - both compositions are classic Frazetta.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

Frazetta! Nuff said.