Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Monday, May 10, 2010

Gravedigger Noir

Here are three preview pages from the new Gravedigger comic story, "The Predators," which will be included in the new graphic novel, Gravedigger: Hot Women, Cold Cash. (Click on images for a larger view.) The scans aren't great - and I had to piece them together in Photoshop, so the tones aren't quite matching up - but it'll give you an idea of how the story's going to look.

The art is fully rendered in gray markers by artist Rick Burchett. I love it! It looks like something out of an old Warren or Marvel B&W magazine; in specific, it reminds me of the B&W work of the great Russ Heath.

Anyway, we're closing in on it, and I still hope to have it completed and turned in to Ape Entertainment sometime in the next month or so. I know it's been a very long time coming, and I hope folks ultimately decide it was worth the wait.

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Nice images indeed. I do like the classic look of it.

Anonymous said...

Did this book ever come out?

Scott Lovrine

Christopher Mills said...

Not yet--- but we're getting close...