Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Saturday, October 17, 2009

New Interview & The Airfighters

Richard Vasseur of Jazma Online recently contacted me about doing an interview for his site. That interview, which covers my work on Femme Noir, Kolchak and Captain Midnight, among other things, is now posted and can be found HERE.

Speaking of Captain Midnight, artist Rich Clark and I will be contributing CM adventures to Moonstone's upcoming Airfighters series, where the good Captain will be joining new versions of such Golden Age aviation heroes as Airboy, The Black Angel, The Iron Ace and Sky Wolf. You can see Rich's Captain Midnight in the upper left-hand corner of the Airfighters promo art above. (Click on it for a larger view.)

This is in addition to the forthcoming Captain Midnight one-shot comic and prose anthology.

5 comments:

Martin Powell said...

I didn't know Captain Midnight was part of AIR FIGHTERS. However, I cut and pasted the info from Moonstone's press release for my own Facebook posting, and I was a bit confused because I did see the Captain's picture--but he wasn't mentioned there. Do you have a story in the first issue? If so, I certainly want to help promote that. Please let me know and I'll take care of it.

Christopher Mills said...

If Rich Clark gets the art finished in time, I believe we're supposed to be in the first issue.

Martin Powell said...

Hm. I thought Captain Midnight was in his own sort of closed universe, which is why he's getting his own issue. We've been working out a WW2 continuity, of sorts, with the other Air Fighters characters, but I haven't seen Midnight mentioned. I'm still confused.

Christopher Mills said...

Well, all I can say is that, as far as I'm concerned, CM *is* in his own universe. The only reason he's in the Airfighters book is because Moonstone editorial wanted him there. Mine's not to reason why...

Kevin said...

Earth - Midnight and Earth - Airfighters perhaps?

Does this mean you get paid twice Chris?