Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Friday, March 23, 2007

Bitching... in Brief

Well, the sciatica is still slowing me down. Had some osteopathic "manipulation" yesterday that helped – for about 20 minutes. Looks like I'm going to have to really consider having them do the MRI (even if it means a long, painful car ride to Timbuktu to find an MRI machine my tubby ass will fit into) to see if surgery will correct the problem, because, frankly, it's obvious that the symptoms are not going to go away by themselves – and I don't want to be sucking down vicodin for the rest of my life (especially since it doesn't appear to help much.).

In the meantime, I continue to plug away slowly, and work through the pain the best I can. What's really pissing me off, though, is that not only is this sciatica shit screwing with my productivity, it's really cutting into my movie watching too, since I cannot sit comfortably in a single chair in this house for 90 minutes.

Understand what I'm saying, man? It's screwing with my MOVIES!

This is intolerable.

3 comments:

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

I often have to stand up about halfway through a movie. I'll watch it that way for a few minutes while my back stops bitching.

If we're in a movie theater, I end up shifting around in my seat a lot. It's just as annoying as having to stand up, but at least I don't block anyone's view of the screen.

Glen Davis said...

I feel for you boss.

Anonymous said...

Not being able to sit through a movie must be a real pain in the... uh, sorry boss!