Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Monday, November 29, 2010

R.I.P. Leslie Nielsen

For many, Leslie Nielsen, who passed away this weekend at age 84, will be best remembered as a talented comic actor, with credits like Airplane!, The Naked Gun (spun-off from the brilliant, short-lived TV series, Police Squad!), and Dracula, Dead And Loving It. And while I like all of those, and think Nielsen was fantastic in them, to me, he'll always be Commander J. J. Adams, the proto-Kirk of Forbidden Planet.


Of course, he was funny.



Rest well, Sir. You will be missed.

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

sorry to hear it. I did like him quite a lot in Forbidden planet.

Movie Fan Collectibles said...

Greatest line? Surely you jest (don't call me Shirley!)