Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Sunday, October 01, 2006

I Like This Month: October

Ah, October at last.

October is my favorite month, for two reasons. One: generally speaking, it's cool and dry here in Maine during this time of year, and that's the way I like it.

Two: Halloween.

My wife and I got married on Halloween, which should adequately demonstrate our shared affection for that amusingly macabre holiday. Choosing to tie the knot on that memorable date has also ensured that I will never forget our matrimonial anniversary and suffer the horrible consequences such a lapse would justifiably engender.

Also, Halloween gives me a perfect excuse to watch horror films and monster movies all month long... and I've got a lot of those.

By the way – that beautiful Dan Brereton painting accompanying this post was his cover for the second issue of the short-lived comic book I co-published with my pal Jim, Shadow House.

The gal's name? Autumn.

No comments: