Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Atomic Pulp/Atomic Action Presents: CROM THE BARBARIAN

The Gravedigger team reunites for the forthcoming "Atomic Action" title from my Atomic Pulp publishing label, Savage Sagas, featuring "Crom The Barbarian," based on the very first barbarian hero in comics, created by Gardner F. Fox and John Giunta in 1950. The Savage Sagas one-shot will feature Crom in "Where The Grim God Creeps," written by Yours Truly, penciled and inked by Eisner Award-winning artist Rick Burchett, and colored by industry veteran Matt Webb.

Vintage appearances of Crom and Cave Girl
The back-up story stars Gardner Fox & Bob Powell's creation, "Cave Girl," in "The Devil Came Down The Mountain." This one is also written by me, with art by the great Neil Vokes, and colors by Matt. I've got a couple of terrific artists lined up for the cover(s) - I'll announce them when I'm ready to share the final cover art.

According to Rick, he always wanted to draw a sword & sorcery comic, but no one ever offered him one before. I can't wait to see pages on this! I'm planning a Kickstarter campaign for this book in the Fall, and hopefully, the book will be on sale in early '19.

No comments: