Personal blog - and temporary home page until new website is finished - of writer, editor and graphic artist Christopher Mills


Sunday, August 31, 2008

Weekend Theater: Dick Tracy

Back in the Sixties, the producers of the Batman and Green Hornet television series produced a pilot for a Dick Tracy series in the same vein. It wasn't picked up, although, from all reports, it was a pretty faithful adaptation of the Chester Gould comic strip as it appeared at the time.

Here are the opening credits:

3 comments:

Keith said...

That is really cool. I wonder why it wasn't picked up though.

Charles Gramlich said...

I liked Green Hornet quite a bit so I might have liked this. I never was a huge fan of the Dick Tracy strip, though.

Craig Zablo said...

Hey Boss,

Cool find. I'd never seen it before. I hated the opening song [maybe that's what killed it *lol*], but liked how they took the drawings and morphed in the actual actors. Did you catch that Eve "Brady Bunch" Plumb was one of the kids?